Saturday, March 6, 2010

Exhausted...

Parker had a visit from his cousins this weekend.  We have had so much fun together!

In backwards order...today Parker took his first trip to the park...and he loved it!

He was in a "trans" when he was swinging.  He would laugh and then just relax and barely move.  He must have really been enjoying it.  The weather was a little chilly and windy when we arrived, but the sun quickly came out.

I have been waiting all winter for the sun to come out so we can take him to the park.

Aunt Andrea took him down the slide and also chased Austin and Colby around Pirates Park...such a cute Pirate themed park down the street from us.

Then I decided he might be ready to try by himself...and notice no shoes.  Tomorrow I am taking a trip to buy his first pair of shoes.

He loved it!  And didn't knock his head or anything.

Then Parker and I went on the big kid swing and he just enjoyed me holding him.  He was staring at all the other children at the park.

He is growing up so fast...I wish time would slow down.  And I'm not sure if we can make it to one year without a hair cut.  His hair was WILD today!

Then we had to stop and take a break and eat our picnic lunch.  Parker is now drinking a sippy cup and loves water.  Just wait until he discovers juice!   He has also had toast, cheese, banana, rice, and chicken this week...our introduction to solid food is going great. 

While the three of us were taking our break, Colby and Austin were running Gramere all over the park.  She has a lot of energy, especially when it comes to her grandchildren.  There is nothing she won't do for them.

This is the only good picture of Colby I took.  He is not into the camera.

Friday night I spent the night at Gramere's and the boys had a bath party.  Surprisingly, it went well.

They really have been getting along this trip.  Parker just stares at his cousins and takes in everything.  Austin and Colby are so sweet to him, always hugging him, or sharing their toys. (Notice the fort in the background...that is Austin and Gramere's special spot.  I was given special clearance to enter this morning).

And of course, photo-ops never go as planned.  We had to give up.

My sister and brother-in-law had a wedding to attend and many festivities before since my brother-in-law was in the wedding.  It was a super fast trip, in fact I only saw my sister at 6:30am Friday morning and didn't even see my B-I-L.  I am looking forward to our next visit...probably for Colby's birthday party in May.

Tonight Parker was so worn out that he was asleep by 7:45, which I think may be the earliest he has ever gone to sleep.  So tonight, I took advantage of the free time and decided to update tonight.  Tomorrow I am going shoe shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Shoe shopping! That is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete