Friday, September 10, 2010

Far Behind!

I will make a promise to myself to not get so behind on Parker's Blog.  I want to remember everything he is doing at this stage.  He is SO smart, and I'm not just saying that.

Parker spent the day with his Aunt Andrea and they went to Pump it Up Jr.  They had so much fun.

You can only take him during the week at special times for young toddlers.  I wish I could have gone with them.

Thanks for keeping Parker for me!

One of my best friends, who just also happens to be my husband's cousin, moved back to Texas after living in California for 9 years!  I'm so glad she is back home and is a hop skip and a jump from me literally.  Woo hoo!

Kara's son, Tyler, and Parker are already big buds.  Tyler likes showing Parker how to play outside.

When my sister was in town Donnie and I decided to take ALL of the boys to the rodeo.  Aren't they so cute.

I kept telling myself...this could one day be us with OUR kids.  But hopefully there would be a girl with big bright colorful humongous bows!!!

They all seemed to like the rodeo pretty well.  Parker liked looking at the cows and horses while they were in their stalls (is that what you call them) before the rodeo started.

As you can see Parker wouldn't stop looking at the bull long enough to get a good picture.

It was pretty loud at first, and Colby had a hard time getting used to the noise.  Aren't Aus and Colbs so cute, he's got his arm around Colby's shoulder.

Of course you can't go to the rodeo without getting snacks.  So they all shared cotton candy (except Parker).  In hindsight that was a bad idea...Austin was wide awake at 10:30 when we took them home.

I had so much fun...Parker was obsessed with drinking out of a big boy cup and sucking on ice.

As you can see, his shirt is soaked with drool from the ice.

It was such a fun time had by all!

Two weekends ago I took Parker with me to my friend's baby shower.  I got a chance to visit with all of my old work friends, whom I miss terribly.  This is my old boss, Cathy.  I worked for her over eight years and she has done so much for me.  There is no way I could tell anyone all the blessings she has brought into my life.

This is Desiree's daughter Avery (on the left) and Denise's daughter Savannah (on the right).  At one point Denise, Desiree, and I all worked together.  I miss them so much.  Aren't they the cutest girls you ever seen.  And Parker seems to be enjoying all the lovin' from the girls.  Avery had her arm wrapped so tight around Parker that he started choking a little.  It was pretty funny.

They played really well together and I hope we can all get together again soon.  Avery and Savannah both have birthday's coming up...maybe we'll see them then...hint hint.

PARKER YOU ARE 15 MONTHS OLD!!!!!!!

This picture was taken in September, 2009.  Parker always slept with his hands above his head when he was little.

I snuck in tonight with my iPhone and took this picture. 
September, 2010
He stretches out and takes up almost the entire crib.  He will go to sleep awake sometimes, and I can hear him playing with all of his animals.  Sometimes he will throw them out of his crib, and when I go check on him later I have to put them all back.  This is exactly how he fell asleep.

September 2009 ; September 2010

~ You are in a size four diaper.
~ You weigh around 24 pounds, you will go to the doctor in a week.
~Mommy's favorite stores to shop are Janie and Jack and Gymbore.  You wear smaller size pants because your waist is so tiny.  Your shirts are pretty true to size.
~You have gotten a second hair cut and I'm noticing you are already needing another one.  Your hair is growing like weeds!
~For a long time you have only taken bottles in the morning and night, but just this past week you have switched to a sippy cup in the morning and a bottle still at night.  Mommy can't seem to let the last nighttime bottle go...it is our bonding time together.
~Your favorite foods are:  banana, pancakes, cinamon rolls (only on the weekend for special occasion), grilled cheese, yogurt (although you don't want anything to do with food that involves somebody else feeding you), watermelon, grapes, applesauce, goldfish, graham crackers, green beans, black eyed peas, green peas, macaroni, spaghetti, pizza, and chicken nuggets.  You will try other foods but at the moment you want nothing to do with turkey or peanut butter. 
~You are all boy...you like to get dirty.  There are some nights when your fingernails and toenails are so dirty I have no choice but to cut them.  You fall ALL the time but never cry and get right back up.  This week you even chipped a tooth.  I can't even recall when that could have happened, because you are always falling down. 
~You are pretty smart.  While you don't say clear words I have noticed you starting to say Thanks, Yes, Outside, among the few I can remember right now.  You can understand pretty much everything we say.  My favorite right now is to give you food that is hot and I'll say "blow on it" and you do just that.  It is so cute. 
~You have a shoe feddish!  You cannot stand for people to have their shoes off.  EVERY day you will go into the laundry room and bring us our shoes.  If we take them off, you pick them up and put them on again. 
~We can say "Go get your shoes, go get the mail, let's go outside, let's go take your bath, let's feed Mox, let's go night night, let's go eat lunch, go get your ball, bring me a book to read" and you know exactly what to do.
~You also have a mop and broom feddish.  Every morning when I drop you off at Gramere's you go straight to her laundry room and pull out her mop.  If there is a broom anyhwere in sight you will pick it up and begin to sweep.  You are very good at using items for their real purpose.  You want to get my feather duster out of the cabinet and dust all the furniture.  You cannot get in the bathtub unless you are holding your wash cloth.  If you don't you throw a fit.
~Today you have started to sing when Gramere sings...and when she stops you stop and then laugh.
~You also decided to take off your diaper when you were SUPPOSED to be napping, and decided to pee pee all in your crib.  Gramere was NOT happy with you! hahaha. 


I love you so much, Parker Aiden.  Every day when I'm working with my kids at school, I thank God for giving me a happy, healthy, loveable boy.  I am so proud to call you my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment