Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big Plans!

I haven't posted in a while because I have been EXTREMELY busy this past week.  To make a realllllllly long story short, I decided to go back to school and obtain my teaching certificate.  I started this whole process when I was on maternity leave with Parker, and I finished my school before the end of last year.  Three days before this new school year started I was offered a teaching job!  I am teaching a special education class for three, four and five year olds who have disabilities. 

It has all happened so fast that I am still in shock.  I have a LOT to learn, and will be working hard this first year to make sure that I am successful. This first week of school is almost over, and I have never in my life been so mentally exhausted.  BUT, there are so many perks to my job.  From a professional stand point, I get to help children who have disabilities reach their full potential, and help them learn how to be successful in a regular classroom setting.  What is more gratifying than helping a child?  Never did I really understand this until I had my own child.  On a personal level, I now travel 15 miles to work when for ten years I traveled about 38, and I get to spend more time with my family.  This week starts the beginning of my new career, and I'm really excited, anxious, scared, and soooo looking forward to my first year.

Parker has had so much fun the last few weeks.  He is growing and changing so fast.  I have lots of pictures to post and will get to that this weekened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment