Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Weekend

The weekend started off with dinner at Mimi and Papa's house.  Before my camera died on me I was able to get this picture of Parker's first corn on the cob experience.

He liked it a lot.  We celebrated mine and Dana's birthdays and had a great dinner.

The weather was so nice we went on a walk...which he loves in his new wagon.

He has the longest fingers I've ever seen.  Everybody tells me he has piano fingers.

Sunday morning we drove to Paris, TX to visit Donnie's Aunt and Uncle.  They live on a lot of land and have four wheelers, tractors, cows, horses and all kinds of other fun.  Parker loved pushing this lawn mower around.

He had fun in the sandbox. 

It was definitely a let-the-boy-get-dirty day.

All kinds of land meant a lot of roaming around for Parker and the weather was perfect.

Parker got to walk around with the cows.

He pointed and "uh" while he would go to each one.

Mooooooo goes the cow.

He smiled a lot.  I think this one's name was Coco but I could be totally wrong.

Then it was off to see the horses.

This is Parker's second cousin Canyon.  He is about 5 months older than Parker and soo cute.  I love his little hat. 

Again...Parker loves to point and grunt at everything!

Then it was time to watch the horse expert.  Donnie's cousin Karmyn got one in the riding rink (or whatever you call it) and practiced her training.

Then she asked me if I wanted to rider her...of course I said so off she went go get me some boots.  Nothing hotter than shorts and boots let me tell ya! 

Giving her a little respect before I get on.

And off we go!  Thanks Karmyn for going through all the trouble to let me ride the horse.  It was a ton of fun!

While I went a nice slow pace, maybe next time I'll get her to go faster!!!

And what do you know...you can take the boy out of the country...but you can't take the country out of the boy.

Yes, Donnie found his country roots and rode her too...with sandals and all.  That was his first time ever on a horse.  I don't think he had as much fun as me...but I'm a nerd what can I say.

Karmyn's husband Tommy fried the best fish.  It was delicious.

After dinner Parker was officially pooped.  He played a lot with hardly any nap. 

So we decided to head back home.  It was a fun time. 
Donnie's Aunt Becky, Aunt Loreta, 2nd cousin Zach and Uncle Rick

On Monday we blew up Parker's kiddie pool that his Mimi gave him for his birthday.

I tanned, Parker played, and Donnie washed his truck.

Parker loves his pool toys and beach ball especially.

But, eventually he wanted to get out and help his Daddy wash the truck.

So, he got his own bucket and got busy!

It was a wonderful day off spent with my two favorite boys. 

And there you have it.  I think I'm finally caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment