Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter 2010!  While we sleep at night my sweet husband works hard into the weeee hours of the morning and this weekend was no different.  I am thankful to him for staying up late both mornings to spend time with Parker and me.  First we went to a church by our house to go to Parker's first Easter Egg Hunt.

Parker got his very own balloon motorcycle. 

He liked it...until one part of it popped right in front of him.

Then it was time to go to the playground where all the babies got to hunt their eggs.  Wahoo!

He was so cute...it was a beautiful day outside.

He didn't really get the whole egg hunt idea, but he did pretty good.

We just stayed in one little area and Parker got two eggs.

That seems to be all he needed to have a good time. Enough eggs to hold in each hand!

I love this look on his face, wonder what he is thinking.

Why is it he always perks up when he's around his Daddy!

We had a great time.  Our sweet family.

Then Grandpa and Ms. Kelly came over to have their Easter Egg Hunt with Parker.

I think he was a little more interested in the grass than the eggs! (Ignore the weeds...soon to be removed I promise)!

And like any child, he decided to go straight for the presents!

We had a nice visit.

One of Parker's favorite things to do is play ball!

Then Aunt Andrea came over for a visit.  She and Parker cuddled on the couch.

And apparently I was disturbing them. 

Then on Easter morning we went to church with Gramere.  This was our first visit to church since Parker was born.  He lasted in the nursery until about the fourth song, then the pager went off.  Sweet Parker has never been left alone so he was a little scared to be around the new people.  It was a great morning, followed by a boring trip to the grocery store.

Note to self...take the Easter outfit picture BEFORE church.  By the time we were out of church and home from the grocery store, Parker had missed his nap and he was not a happy camper.

But boy, he sure did look cute! One of the VERY rare times he is upset.  Poor thing.

Then it was time to open his present from his Aunt Kristan.  Parker loves getting packages from San Antonio!  Thank you so much for his Elmo books and turtle shirt.  He loves them a lot!

So much so that he wouldn't put one of the books down.  So it came with us to run errands.

Then it was time to open Gramere's present.  Now, Gramere is the one who taught Parker how to play ball, so it was only fitting that she buy his first big ball for our house!  Thanks Mom!  And, what a cute Curious George shirt.  I can't wait for him to wear it!!!!!

He was pretty funny walking around the house holding his new shirts.  He didn't want to let them go.

What a great Easter we had.  I hope you all had a good Easter, and I am so thankful to Jesus for paying for my sins so that I can have a relationship with my wonderful God!

Who can't believe in God when they look at this sweet, peaceful baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment