Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To!




So all of our families and friends came to celebrate Parker's party.  He had a great time except when everybody sang Happy Birthday!

The theme was Mickey Mouse!

The kids played "pin-the-sticker-on-Mickey".  Colby did a pretty good job!

 
And so did Avarie...LOVE the bow in her hair!

 
We also set up my grandmother's croquet set outside.  I used to play with that when I was a child and it is neat to have it handed down to the kids.

Parker mainly just enjoyed playing with the stick.

We had lots of friends come over.  This is Denise, Brandon, and Savannah.  I have worked with Denise for over 8 years and they drove a l-o-n-g way to come over.

This is my friend Christi and her daughter (a real life model!) Peyton.  They also drove a l-o-n-g way to attend Parker's party.  Christi and I went to college together and I miss seeing her so much.

Of course the nephews were there!

My dad, his wife Kelly, my Aunt and Uncle and my Brother-In-Law.

Donnie's Aunt Becky, Sister Dana and her husband Chad.

My mother and my friend for as long as I can remember, Amber and her sweet little boy, Austin.

This is Heather, my friend from high school who is also Amber's sister.

This "sweet thang" is Amber's daughter, Avarie.  One day she and Parker will be boyfriend and girlfriend...well...maybe...

Donnie and his Mother.

Donnie and his Aunt Becky.

The whole family!

I thought this was a good picture because it is Donnie's grandfather and two of his kids, his grandson, and great grandson.

My dad and Kelly.

Pinata time!  It was smoldering hot outside so we tried to be fast.

I love this one of all the kids getting the candy. 

Austin and Dylan with their Mickey ears.

My dad.

Perhaps the best party planner evuh (inside joke) and her sweet boy Colby Luke.

I'm so glad my Uncle Neil was able to come in town from Austin for the party!  Thanks for coming!

What's a party without gifts???

Parker got lots of wonderful gifts from everyone...we now call our house Parker's Playhouse.  We gave him this police car which he absolutely loves.

Just today he figured out how to move around in it with his feet.

Donnie's parents got him this cute rocking chair.  He' still figuring out how to use it.

He loves his basketball set his Gramere got him.  I have heard some of the loudest screams from this child while playing basketball!

After the presents were open it was time for cake!

Surprisingly he wasn't too interested...maybe he'll be like his Daddy and hate sweets.

 
Life could not be any better.  Parker's party was awesome and I am thankful to everybody who came to celebrate with us!
 

At 12 months he would NOT stay in the crib anymore for his pictures.  I love being able to see how much he has changed in one year! 



A few months ago I asked you to pray for several kids that have become close to my heart. One was Walker. He has a very agressive and rare cancer.  He has endured months of chemotherapy and radiation and they are out of options.  After 5 weeks or so without treatment Walker had a body scan that revealed the cancer had continued to grow and spread very fast.  His parents have decided to enjoy the time God has allowed to be left with their sweet boy .  What a difficult decision and I ask you all to pray very hard for comfort and no pain for Walker and some sort of peace of mind for their parents.  I know their hearts are broken and while I'll get to celebrate my son's second birthday, they will not.  Please join me to pray for their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment