Today you turned ONE year old. I can't believe how fast the last year has gone by. One year ago your Aunt Kristan and I went looking for bridesmaide dresses at the Galleria for your Aunt Andrea's wedding. We shopped and then started walking...and walking...and walking. Two hours, mexican food and an ice cream later I was starting to have contractions. Your Aunt Kristan tried to tell me to spend the night at Gramere's house since your Daddy was at work. I didn't think too much about it and went home. At about 10:00 that night I called your Aunt Kristan complaining of some "weird feelings". At 1:30am on Sunday, May 31st I called your Daddy home from work because I was starting to have contractions and thought my water broke. After being in the hospital for a few hours we called in the troops - that being all of our family - and at 1:30pm you were born. I can remember every moment of that day...I have played it in my mind several times today. I was home with you for nine wonderful weeks. You had lots of family come in from out of town to see you. Your Aunt Kristan stayed for two weeks cooking, cleaning, and pampering me so that I could spend every moment with you. Your Aunt Rachel and Uncle Jerry came to Texas to see what all the fuss was about - this sweet boy named Parker. Then, when I had to go back to work your Gramere started to keep you. She changed her entire life so that I wouldn't have to put you in daycare. One day you will truly understand the sacrifice she has made for you. She has taught you so much, I am amazed at what you have learned in 1 year. She gives you all my hugs and kisses when I am at work. Your Daddy has also kept you on his days off during the week. Ya'll spend a lot of time playing and roughing around on the floor. Some days I come home and you don't even seem to notice because you are so wrapped around him. You waited to roll over, sit up, crawl, and walk until I was at home. Technically you rolled over at Gramere's but she didn't see you. I was so worried I would miss all of the "firsts" but you waited for me to be at home with you. It seems like this year has flown by. Since you have been walking for over two months now, you seem even more bigger than you really are. You have changed my life since the very day you were born. You have made me and your Daddy be closer than we have ever been over the last 10 years. You have shown me what it means to really have patience, to live my life for the purpose of serving you, and to be the best woman and mom to you. I love you with all of my heart, Parker. Your name bears my name...my life...and I want you to always know how blessed we are as a family. You and your Daddy are the two most important things to me in this whole world. My heart could explode tonight with all of the joy that fills my heart. One look at you and I thank God for allowing me to be your mother. Happy Birthday my sweet sweet boy.
Photograph by Clinkscales Custom Photography :)


No comments:
Post a Comment